I'm not one for resolutions because who sticks to them anyways? So how about calling them goals? I think that sounds nicer and easier to do.
2015 was the year of ups and downs and ended with me in bed at 9pm watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix while Tyler watched football in the den. I did manage to drag myself out of bed at 11:45 to watch the ball drop and get a smooch from my hunny, then it was right back to bed. All I kept thinking was "I wonder if we will even be awake for this next year?". We will have a 9 month old who will probably be a maniac if she is anything like me so we will either be wide awake with a wide awake baby, or trying not to make a peep so the little one doesn't wake up. I guess only time will tell.
Anyways, back to my goals for 2016.
- Take care of myself and this sweet baby girl while she is still growing inside of me. Drink more water, take more walks, get rest when I can, and eat healthier.
- Embrace every moment once she arrives. Try not to stress out about the little things and lean on my family and friends for the support that I know I'll need.
- Be intentional with my time spent with Tyler before and after baby arrives. I know that adding a baby to the mix will completely change our relationship (for the better), but I want to focus on not losing the great relationship that we do have. Lately I've really been thankful for the man I married and the way we have grown together. Of course our marriage isn't perfect, but in my opinion, its pretty damn close.
- Love on my dogs once baby girl makes her appearance. I don't want them to feel left out. This might be stupid to some people, but our dogs have been our "babies" for the past 4 years so their world is about to get turned upside down with a new addition coming in to our house, and I don't want them to feel dismissed. Yes dogs have feelings no matter what anyone says.
- Get back to my working out/eating right lifestyle. I know I have to let my body heal after giving birth, but I also know if I sit around for too long then it will never happen. I know my body and my mind and I am a happier person when I'm working out and taking care of myself. Especially since I now know that I have PCOS, once this baby comes out I need to heal my body so I can get pregnant again in the future hopefully the natural route instead of going through clomid hell again. So this has to be a priority come May-June. Not just to "look better" but to feel better so I can be the best wife/mom/friend/etc I can be. These past 7 months away from the gym have really taken a toll on me and I'm over it. Sure I lift weights occasionally now but its nothing like what I used to do and I'm ready to get back on the wagon.
- Write more. I kind of go back and forth with blogging and I think its because I put to much emphasis on comparing myself to others. I need to get back to my roots of the livejournal days and write about what makes me happy/sad/irritated/whatever. I want this space to be a reflection of my daily life because its so much fun to look back on. Who cares if I'm not writing about my new bag or new designer shoes? I'm not doing this for the google analytic stats, I need to do this for me.
Happy New Years! Here's to an awesome 2016!