Monday, October 21, 2013

The Cove: Part 1

After months of anticipation, hours of frantic/panicked packing, and a few melt downs I made it through my first women's church retreat.

In all honesty, that's something I never thought I'd say.

If you knew me 5 years ago you'd laugh at the thought of me spending a weekend at the Billy Graham training facility with 300 women worshiping the Lord. But I did it and I already can't wait for next year!

To say that God has been testing the limits of my anxiety lately is an understatement, and it really came to a head on Thursday. I woke up at 6am to finish getting myself ready for the trip, last minuet packing, shower, etc. Well Tyler left for work around 6:45 and that's when the fun really started.

Fresh out of the shower, aka: wet hair and no pants, I went to get a drink from the kitchen only to find a baby snake trying to slither itself under our fridge. Saying I screamed doesn't do the moment justice, I'm surprised my neighbors didn't come knocking on my door thinking I'd been stabbed. I have never screamed like that in my life, and I probably jumped higher then ever before too. I immediately start yelling at the dogs to go to the bedroom and high-stepped it all the way to our closet (on the other side of the house). Pulled on my Uggs and some sweatpants and grabbed my phone. Frantically I called Tyler (using the emergency call button, no time to unlock at this point), and I'm not sure he even understood what I was saying. He calmly told me it was probably just a black snake and I shouldn't worry. That settled my nerves a bit and I hung up hoping for the best. Walked back out to the kitchen and screamed again. That little monster was slithering across the soda's sitting by our drink fridge. Again I high stepped back to the bedroom while yelling at the dogs that they were "going to nana's to spend the day with their pawpaw".

Called Tyler again telling him that it was NOT a blacksnake because if had diamond shapes on it's back, and he goes "well it might be a copper head, grab a shovel from the garage and see if you can kill it".

Umm... No

I told him I'd be taking the dogs to my parents house and he can needs to kill the snake when he gets home.

So now not only did I have to finish getting dressed, make up, and hair. I also had to load up the dogs and get to my moms by 8:45.

One panic attack for the day down. 2 more to go....

I planned on documenting the start of the trip but with the snake incident this is the only "getting ready" picture I got and it's terrible.

I decided to wear my toucan shirt since birds eat snakes...

I promise I'll get to the Jesus part of this trip soon. But I have to actually make it to The Cove first.

Stay tuned for panic attack I mean Part 2

No comments: